Monday, August 6, 2018

Aurora Wings Challenge #69- Anything Goes using Lady Butterfly


Well Happy Monday Ya'll!!! We have been having quite the summer around here!! I cannot believe in 3 short weeks I will be sending the big one off to grade 2 and the little one off to kindergarten! How did that happen?? And the worst part is nothing happened here this summer!! LOL I mean a lot happened but I had big plans to do soooo much cleaning and beach going and put sooo much baking in the freezer so I wouldn't have to worry about it for a few months... LOL You know what did happen? Work and camping. Quite literally that is what we have done around here LOL I work 4 days a week and every other weekend when Hubby is home we take off camping for 4/5 days and then I play catch up until we do it again. 
But all that delightful sitting in the woods enjoying beautiful views left some time to do some coloring between hikes and bike rides and smore making lol (Mitzi!!! We need a smore sprite!!! or is there one and I missed it?) I got to work with the beautiful Lady Butterfly for this project. I really like making this beautiful images speak for themselves so I went sweet and simple for this project. I colored her in 5x7 and then her body a second time to do the top layer. That was tricky to make sure I got the colors right in all the right spots so they would match up!! I love the way it turned out!
 Look at all the lovely layers drawn in there for us to play with!!! This Lady really is a beauty!!!

I would love to see someone color her like a monarch butterfly!! Anyone up for the challenge? Maybe I will attempt it one day!! 

For now I best be getting off! I'm writing this a few days early and we are leaving in 8 short hours to head up to visit my Dad and Step Mom for 4 days. Its a 4.5hr drive so I best get my butt to bed!

You can find this stunning image here:

Thanks so much for popping by again!! See you all again in a few weeks!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely summer and your kids will have many happy memories, Sara. For you and the cleanup, maybe that parts not so great, but... Anyway, I adore the gorgeous colors you've chosen for Lady Butterfly and the fabulous way you highlighted her face and torso. Beautiful she is! Gorgeous work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your colouring is amazing, love it, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. S'more Sprite! What a cute idea! I shall add that to my list. :D Camping a lot sounds like fun! Anyhow, you've got a gorgeous project today, Sara! The rich, bright jewel tones look fantastic on the Lady Butterfly. Your coloring looks wonderful, and I love the framed focus of layered rectangle. Thank you so much for this elegant inspiration for our mid-challenge post at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic CAS card. Stunning coloring and I love how you've spotlighted her... fantastic. Hugz

    ReplyDelete