Monday, August 20, 2018

Aurora Wings Challenge #70- Sketch using Fins and Pearls


 OMG you guys!! Its been another few weeks!! Right before the last post went live the girls and I went up to see my Dad 4.5hrs away.... and we took out a deer with the front grill of that new vehicle we just spent forever looking for remember? And then as I'm on the phone figuring out what to do this lovely man stopped to make sure we were ok... but forget to set the air break on his gravel truck and it rolled into the back of my new vehicle. We were in the middle of NO WHERE!! Too the girls and I like 6hrs to get everything figured and a rental and get back on the road. So... we've been dealing with that the last 2 weeks driving a rental mini van (I am NOT a mini van person!!!) I have to tell you guys the only solace my soul has been getting this year has been the few hours a month I steal!! I really hope the fall and winter bring this house some good luck!!! 
I have to tell you though how good it felt to sit down for a few hours and just let me mind worry about color combos and straight lines!! It was a complete treat!!! So without further details of my life lol here is this weeks project!!
Isn't it just a sweet sketch? I love working with square cards and bonus when you add another shape! I got to work with the adorable "Fins and Pearls" for this project and here's what I came up with:

I adored working with this image this morning!! It took me around 4 hours to color her up but I think it was totally worth every minute!! (Even if just for my sanity!!)


I love how Mitzi gets so many different layers in there for us!! Making all those intricate pieces pop and stand out as their own image brings me so much joy!! Just look at all the different pieces of coral and shells she drew in there for us to play with!! 

If you would like to color this image up for yourself you can find it:
and then pop by the CHALLENGE BLOG and show us what you made with this awesome sketch and image!!

Thanks for popping in again!! I'll see you all next month as the Pyper Family Drama of 2018 continues to unfold!! LOL Have a great month!!!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm SOOO SORRY, Sara! After all your searching and now this! I sure hope you've run out of bad luck and things can calm down for you. Just so happy to hear no one was hurt. Well, coloring was obviously good therapy. I'm amazed at the glorious depth and color choices here. Mindful coloring, eh? Forget everything but the process. What an absolutely gorgeous project, Chickie. Hope the rest of the year goes better for you all. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh you've been experiencing some really bad luck.... hope things get better. Your coloring on this beauty is just fantastic. Every little piece ust pops. Love it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were going through such a string of bad luck, Sara! You're awesome mom for keeping it all together. I hope things calm down for you and your family and things are back on track soon (as we come out of mercury retrograde). Glad to know that this project gave you a break from the stress to do some color therapy for soul. I love the way you colored the mermaid with bright, naturalistic palette of the coral reef. The full range of value from the pale to dark is well in place to invite the viewer into the center. Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for today's new challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your colouring and the colours choosen, sorry to read about your bad luck, hope your luck changes to the positive very soon, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete