Monday, May 2, 2016

Aurora Wings Challenge #28- Vintage using "Rite of Spring"


Hey Everyone!! I have something super fun to share with you today! We are starting a new Challenge over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! This week the theme is "Vintage". So I took an Antique Tray SVG and the Aurora Wings "Rite of Spring" digital stamp and created this:

Wanna see some close ups/step by steps?

I colored the image using copics: E40,41,42,43,44,49; E77, E55, E33, YR30... I had to sub those last 3 in because 4, count them 4!! of my original colors died!!

Then I coated the image in Tim Holtz Crackle Medium. Thank you Lorraine for the idea!! But I will tell you to use the stuff Lorraine recommends for a big image like this!! Took me 2 hours to coat it with a squeeze bottle! My hard was completely seized up when I was done! LOL And as it dried it curled on itself and started peeling up. I LOVE the finished look and it was so worth the work but I think maybe the medium recommended by Lorraine HERE might work a little easier for next time! 


I framed it in gold brushstroke cardstock because for some reason it printed out a little smaller than the SVG pattern called for. I think someone was in a rush or to sleepy to notice... Wonder who that was. But the end result is stunning none the less!

This is the tray all ready for the image. I used Bo Bunny Wild Card paper for the base. I wanted it to have that wood grained effect like an old tray that would have been made of wood and inlaid with the gold. 


To embellish the corners I used Recollections Kraft flowers and some white rose buttons I found at my local scrapbooking store that looked pretty vintage to me. The gold leaves are part of the SVG.


Then I needed to add something to cover the 8Ball that was printed on the paper and sadly I could not avoided cutting into it. So I made a little plaque with the name of the image and the year the project was completed.


And lastly I added the image to the center of the tray. I used CTMH liquid glass to glue it in there and then I put some heavy objects on it to hold all the edges down while the glue set.

There you have it!! My Rite of Spring Antique Tray. Make sure you stop by the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created (you will not be disappointed!!) and to enter your own Vintage Creation in the challenge!! Thanks for stopping in today!!








7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Sara, what an amazing project! It's hard to believe it's paper. You've totally captured the look of an antique wooden gilded tray and your coloring is fabulous, even with your last minute color substitutions. Wish I'd asked you for your colors as I ended up using warm grays which I'm not nearly as happy with. Gorgeous work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crackle look on the image, it is so very very sweet, fabolous project, lots of hugs and love, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I had no idea it was all paper, it is fab and I look the crackle over the top, beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I absolutely love everything about this tray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome project, Sara! The tray looks fantastic in antique gilded gold look plus the crackle coating over the beautifully colored image. Love reading about each steps and looking at the close-ups. Thank you so much for the fabulous inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow.. Amazing project.. love all the crackle effect.. and your sephia colouring.. hard to think they were all papers.. <3 <3 xx :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Another amazing project.

    ReplyDelete