Monday, February 6, 2017

Aurora Wings Challenge #43- Color Challenge; Altered Frame using The Green Fairy

Image may contain: text
Hello everyone!! Welcome to another Aurora Wings Challenge!! I feel like its been toooooo long since I got to work with my Aurora Wings images!! So let's start Team Stella's year off with a bang!! And the gorgeous "The Green Fairy"!!!

Isn't she just gorgeous!! I printed her quite little... only about 5" tall by 3.5" wide. She took a long time to color that small but I think the finished project is so worth it!! I used both my Skin and Hair and Elements of Nature classes from Kit and Clowder to help create all those fine details!


I grabbed this frame from Michaels specially because of the raised edges. I wanted there to be some interest away from the picture as well. Once I had her all colored up I took the glass out of the frame and used foam tape to pop all the matted layers up for a super 3D effect.


I altered the cardstocks to give them some glitter and shine and detail as well. The gold sheet I embossed with a home made Perfect Gold embossing powder using a damask stencil. The purple sheet I used a starbust stencil from Tim Holtz and a home made embossing powder made with teapot purple Magicals.








Then I made the larger flowers using the Dreaming Tree- Antique Tray flowers; misted a CTMH Gypsy paper that has an embossed design to create a resist effect; topped it off with the Tim Holtz distress ink for the edges. I misted some Prima flowers with a couple home made mists. I also used some Prima leaves misted with a Heidi Swapp chartreuse to get the right green and gold. And to top it off I colored some Tim Holtz enamel roses with Nuvo Crystal Drops lavendar to make them purple not white.


Ta-Da!! One very beautiful display of Aurora Wings "The Green Fairy"!! 



Thanks so much for stopping in today! Make sure you pop by the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog and enter your beautiful creations!! See you all again real soon!!!


I am entering this frame in the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, Sara! Amazing coloring with exquisite detail. Such gorgeous framing and your hand made flowers are just amazing. I'd love to know how you make your own embossing powder. Love the interest it adds. Gorgeous project, all around. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful coloring at such a small scale, Sara! The purples look really gorgeous on your project throughout. Beautiful framing with flowers. Thank you so much for the stunning inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is fantastic. Love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is gob smacking gorgeous. Great work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome frame and love the different colours of the face, thank you for the inspiration, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colouring Sara, love the depth of the face with the shading an such a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome and elegant project.. love her skin colour.. so unique.. <3 xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring and stunning details! Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete