Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Shadow Box Christmas presents

So my bestie calls me the other day... Can she come out? She's got a couple projects she needs help with.... Yup for sure!!!



Well.... a couple projects it was not!!! It was like 10! My poor cricut ran from 830 am to 330pm!! But man did we create some fun stuff!! We also did some serious tag teaming!! She does not own a cricut or know how to use it or the vinyl she wanted to put on everything.... And I had a ton of wrapping needing to be done and glass that needed frosted!! She did my stuff I did her stuff and we got it all done in record time!!!


These 2 shadow boxes are for friends of hers. We used various Cricut fonts as well as Snapdragon Split Monogram from SVG Attic. You can buy the letters individually which is what we did. The vinyl we used was Recollections from Michaels and I actually like it better than Cricut vinyl. Sorry Cricut!!




This is a shadow box for my Crazy Cat Lady Gramma. We found the phrase on pinterest and we knew it was puurrr- fect!! I designed all the vinyl in Design Space and we put some designer scrapbook paper on the inside.

This project I have had in my head since last spring!!! It feels so good to finally have it all done and to have it turn out exactly the way I envisioned it!! The Phrase it cut off the New Testament cricut cartridge and then we used glass frosting to apply it. All the little figures are off the CTMH Artfully Sent cricut cartridge. And I inked the background with Tim Holtz Faded denim, peacock feathers and black soot distress inks. I also used Squeezed Lemonade for the star.


We also created a shadow box for her Nursing School memorabilia and 3 shadow boxes for each of the countries she traveled to this fall; Vietnam, Thailand, and ... I can't remember the last one!! We put some vinyl on ornaments for her too from the same trip and college grad. She assures me she will send me pictures when she gets them all filled; both the shadow boxes and the ornaments!

Ok ready for some more?? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment